- Umehara - Ryu
- Sako - Evil Ryu (Main), Ibuki (Sub)
- Fuudo - Fei Long
- Bon-chan - Sagat (Main), Akuma (Sub)
- Poongko - Seth (Main), Cammy (Sub)
- GamerBee - Adon (Main), Cammy (Sub)
- Xian - Gen
- Xiao Hai - Cammy (Main), Yun (Sub)
From the official site, this's the list of the characters that the players in TOPANGA Asia League will use. It was actually revealed via the promotional video since Sunday, but we thought it's incomplete since it seems like 3 players will only use one character the entire tournament. Moreover, it seems like Sako will use Evil Ryu as main!
There're so many questions here.
- Umehara using only Ryu, to test himself or really confident? Clearly Yun (especially Upkick) will help him escape from corner and vortex. Adon and Cammy is also dangerous for Ryu. Please note that this's the first time we have Adon in the league. Kindevu used Cammy in TOPANGA League 1 but he wasn't good at her at all.
- Is Evil Ryu really new Sako's main, or just for this tournament? Sako did tons of damage from Ibuki's Okizeme and ambiguous cross-ups, he will miss that. Other reason is he doesn't want other players to catch up.